Jorge Munoz (email@example.com)
- August 2018 - Present: Assistant Professor of Physics at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
- August 2014 - August 2018: Data scientist in Algorithms Pathfinding at Intel Corporation
- July 2013 - August 2014: Engineer in Computer Aided Design at Intel Corporation
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), June 2013
- M.S. in Materials Science, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), June 2009
- B.S. in Physics, Applied Mathematics (double major), The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), May 2007
Honors and awards
- 2022 Cottrell Scholar Award, Research Corporation for Science Advancement, July 2022
- 2022 Miguel Izquierdo Teaching Excellence Award, College of Science, The University of Texas at El Paso, May 2022
- 2009 Robert S. Hyer Undergraduate Research Award, Texas Section of the American Physical Society (TX-APS), October 2009
- 2007 Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Honorable Mention, National Science Foundation (NSF), May 2007
- 2002 Gates Millennium Scholarship, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, August 2002
Faculty Summer Research Fellowships
- Summer 2020, Summer 2021: Applied Computing for Scientific Discovery, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
- Summer 2019: Maui Space Surveillance Branch, Air Force Research Lab.
- March 2021 - Feb 2024: Member-at-large of the Executive Committee of the American Physical Society (APS) Division of Materials Physics (DMP)
- April 2018 - Dec 2020: Member-at-large of the Executive Committee of the American Physical Society (APS) Forum on Physics and Society (FPS)
Author or co-author of 35 peer-reviewed publications and inventor or co-inventor of 3 US patents. Please see my GoogleScholar Profile for a list.